Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Raspberry Lemonade Smoothie - Meal Replacement Perfection

I have a post coming up of my favorite protein powders in a few days, but today, is a recipe that blew me away, not just for taste but for how FULL I was.  I had this vegan smoothie in late afternoon as I'd had a light veggie soup lunch, figuring I'd have dinner in 2-3 hours..

But then dinnertime rolled around.

I wasn't hungry.  Not at all and it had been four hours since I finished this  less than 275 calorie smoothie.

The secret, I think, was using full fat, in the can, coconut milk, the kind you use in Thai cooking, instead of the watered down "coconut milk" you'd  pour on your cereal.  Still 1/3 can was only 50 calories and less than 5 grams of saturated fat (and the good kind).  Sounds exotic?  I found it at the local Village Polish grocers, and the generic store brand no less (found in the oriental food item section with the chow main noodles).

Raspberry Lemonade Smoothie
In a blender, layer as follows.

1/3 can coconut milk (keep cool and dry but do not refrigerate, otherwise the coconut cream will solidify on top).
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 scoop Vega brand Berry Protein and Greens Protein Powder
5 ice cubes
1/4 cup frozen raspberries
1/2 cup pink grapefruit sections (yes, for the time sensitive, they do make jarred ones).
1/2 teaspoon pure maple syrup.

Blend well and serve.  Makes one very large, yummy glass.

1 comment:

  1. I seem to get "addicted" to the texture and coldness of smoothies. This looks absolutely delicious. You are right, sometimes you really do need fat in your diet!

    C

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Having been fortunate enough not to have to diet as a young woman - hitting middle age to find my Metabolism moved to Aruba and didn't even send a postcard was a rude awakening. Thanks for sharing the fun and the pain of getting back in shape. Note: If you are a stranger and include a link in your comment - it will not be posted, to ensure no SPAM or viruses are shared. Any link I post is tested first.