The vanilla really pairs well with the peanut butter, so it isn't too rich or overly sweet. Top with whipped topping or whipped cream, it's a super easy to make holiday treat that people will think you fussed over all morning
Vanilla Peanut Butter Pie
• 1 9" pre-baked regular or gluten free pie crust (a gluten free graham cracker crust is also nice.
• 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
• 3/4 cup powdered sugar
• 1 small package vanilla instant pudding (3.5 ounces) (Jello brand vanilla, chocolate, lemon, pistachio and banana cream flavors are soy free, gluten free, and vegan).
• 2 cups 2% milk or almond milk
• 8 ounces whipped topping, whipped cream, or non-dairy whipped topping
1. In a small bowl, crumble together the peanut butter and powdered sugar.
2. Sprinkle 3/4 of the peanut butter mixture on the bottom of the baked pie shell. Save the rest to garnish the top of the pie.
3. In a small bowl, mix one small package of vanilla instant pudding with the two cups of milk. Whisk until smooth.
4. Pour the pudding over the crumbled peanut butter mixture in the pie shell. Allow the pudding to set for 5 minutes.
5. Spread the whipped topping over the pudding and then sprinkle the remaining peanut butter crumbs on top.
6. Cover loosely and store the pie in the refrigerator