Friday, April 14, 2017

When You Can't Avoid the B.S. (Brussels Sprouts)

I have never been a fan of Brussels Sprouts until I tried this recipe. Free of dairy, gluten and low in fat and high in fiber it was a side dish even my B.S.-hating husband loved.

1 pear chopped into small pieces  (discard core)
1 and 3/4 to 2 pounds Brussels Sprouts cut in half

Mix together and toss with:

1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
1 teaspoon Maple Syrup
1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard

Roast in roasting or cast iron pan in preheated 450 F. degree oven for 20 minutes or until starting to brown

. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I used to really like brussel sprouts and then one time hubby was making them on the grill and added garlic and now I hate them. The first time he did it they were good but after that something went bad . . . really bad!

    C

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Having been fortunate enough not to have to diet as a young woman - hitting middle age to find my Metabolism moved to Aruba and didn't even send a postcard was a rude awakening. Thanks for sharing the fun and the pain of getting back in shape. Note: If you are a stranger and include a link in your comment - it will not be posted, to ensure no SPAM or viruses are shared. Any link I post is tested first.