Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Gluten Free Coffee Mug Muffin

I was looking for something gluten-free (I'm not gluten sensitive but I AM sensitive to malt which is in most commercial flouer).

But today, after a lunch of coconut yogurt with a Tablespoon of berries and an apple, I was hankering for both bread and a sweet and modified a recipe I found online to make this.

An easy, super moist muffin in less than 4 minutes, with NO wheat flour and white sugar
Apple Cinnamon Coffee Mug Muffin

Spray a coffee mug with nonstick spray.

In a cereal bowl melt 1 Tablespoon butter or coconut oil
Stir in:
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons applesauce
1 teaspoon maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon honey (or use sugar if you want a vegan version)
1 egg or equivalent vegan egg substitute.

Whisk in until smooth:
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3 Tablespoons almond flour (do not substitute)

On top sprinkle:
heaping tablespoon of finely chopped apple
pinch of finely chopped walnuts
two small pieces of a thin shaving of butter or vegan buttery spread

Pour into mug and microwave 1 minute 15 seconds to 1 minute 45 seconds (microwaves vary, when it's done, it will be puffed up but other than the sheen from the butter it won't look wet).  

Let sit at least 3 minutes and enjoy. 


3 comments:

  1. I love almond flour - wish it wasn't so expensive! The Man makes me almond flour/millet pancakes on the weekend. I am so glad you found the foods that were making your stomach upset!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That muffin looks delish! Yes, it's hard when foods start giving us troubles. I loved onions on everything but one day they started causing heartburn. So far soy is OK. I'm in trouble if it starts bothering me. As a non-cooking vegetarian I have so few options other than junk food. That goes down smoothly lol!

    C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand. I tried to go mostly vegetarian but with IBS and wheat and soy allergy, plus lactose intolerant more and more as I get older, my choices are limited. But fat is also a trigger (after eating a fatty beef dehydrated beef stick in the truck today I think I personally melted part of the ice cap) so I stick with bison, salmon, turkey and chicken breast with lots of roasted veggies and stir fries. Gardein DOES have a couple of products with no gluten so I can do my meatless days still. I get my "treats" from some coconut or almond flour baked goods. I made these lemon bars today that were totally gluten free that were amazing.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. Having been fortunate enough not to have to diet as a young woman - hitting middle age to find my Metabolism moved to Aruba and didn't even send a postcard was a rude awakening. Thanks for sharing the fun and the pain of getting back in shape. Note: If you are a stranger and include a link in your comment - it will not be posted, to ensure no SPAM or viruses are shared. Any link I post is tested first.