Sunday, September 9, 2018

Tasty AND Salt-Free

Every couple of months we invite people from our church who have been recently widowed over for supper.  They are in their late 80's/early 90's and have no children living close by.  It's fun for us all, but a challenge is making dishes that are tasty for an elderly palate but also are low salt or salt-free as I know, having a 98-year-old Dad, blood pressure issues are more common as we age.

I was so happy to find these seasonings from Mrs. Dash.  Mrs. Dash is well known (in the US and Canada) for their salt substitutes and I've used them for years.  But these package seasoning and marinades are something I'd not seen.  They weren't from my grocery (which is family owned and family small) but from https://healthyheartmarket.com/

Healthy Heart Market has all kinds of salt-free products including baking ingredients, sauces, condiments, snacks, etc and the prices aren't bad. Shipping was also pretty prompt. Shipping is by Fed Ex so it's not cheap, but if I can't find the product without driving further into the city I'm happy to order online.

I quietly tried the Mrs. Dash taco seasoning last night and not only did my husband not notice it was "salt-free" but he said he liked "whatever you used" better than the big name brand taco seasoning (which is loaded with salt) that I normally purchase. I just added it to my Gardein "beef" crumbles with some water and it was ready in just a few minutes. I can't wait to try the others on some vegetarian versions of my favorite comfort foods.

They also have packaged seasoning mixes for Sloppy Joes, Chili, and Fahitas (USA only for that one) and if you use the code word NEW1 at checkout you'll get $5 off your first order.

If you are in Canada (which I know one regular reader is) you can order the products at Mrs. Dash Canada's online story.  Their web address is:  http://mrsdash.ca/en

But check at your grocers first - the larger ones are likely to carry the products.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Having been fortunate enough not to have to diet as a young woman - hitting middle age to find my Metabolism moved to Aruba and didn't even send a postcard was a rude awakening. Thanks for sharing the fun and the pain of getting back in shape. Note: If you are a stranger and include a link in your comment - it will not be posted, to ensure no SPAM or viruses are shared. Any link I post is tested first.