Monday, September 3, 2018

Good Intentions

I knew today was going to be a busy day where I had to go to the office for a meeting so I packed a lunch.  I'm going to eat sensibly even with a crazy schedule.

I drank the rest of the refrigerator blueberry smoothie at o'dark hundred and then threw a couple oat muffins in with my packed lunch to munch when I arrived.  For lunch, there would be an Almond butter sandwich, cucumbers, an apple, and almonds and cranberries for a mid-afternoon snack  (AlpsSnack, unfortunately, went out of business with the death of its founder so this is my last one, seriously best nut/fruit bar ever).

Unfortunately, from early morning until after 2:00 I was tied up with something very important and there was NO break to grab a snack.  When I was clear, I was SO happy I had a nutritious lunch with whole grains waiting.

Too bad I didn't eat it.

I had opened it up and was huffing the almonds and cranberries when one of the people I was in the meeting with said "Potbellies" and the next thing you know I'm eating a hot turkey sandwich with cheese and mayo on a toasted bun that's to die for.  And a cookie.  This is what my midsection is going to look like tomorrow.
I got home and said "Abby, I blew my diet today, should we have diet kibble for dinner?

Abby feigns death so not to have to answer.

Sure there were "veggies" on it if iceberg lettuce counts.

OK - I'll add more fruit this afternoon.
Fruit - Fail.

We all have setbacks.  We simply make better choices the next meal, rather than writing the whole day off.  I'll eat the fruit and veggies in my packed lunch for supper and eat the sandwich for breakfast

Total:  Breakfast  340  Snacks  (fruit, nuts, single piece of candy) 365 Lunch - don't ask  Dinner 130 Calories - over 2000.  Not awful, but not good and there was WAY too much saturated fat.

Steps:  4700 but I'll do another walk before it gets dark.

Lesson learned - before an activity that has the potential to delay a meal, eat some protein, a piece of jerky, a protein bar, SOMETHING.

1 comment:

  1. The sweets at work have a problem for me lately. It is a work in progress.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Having been fortunate enough not to have to diet as a young woman - hitting middle age to find my Metabolism moved to Aruba and didn't even send a postcard was a rude awakening. Thanks for sharing the fun and the pain of getting back in shape. Note: If you are a stranger and include a link in your comment - it will not be posted, to ensure no SPAM or viruses are shared. Any link I post is tested first.