Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Vegan / Fat-Free Einkorn Muffins

I was trying out some new recipes using my Young Living Einkorn flour (I love their essential oil and nutritional products so much I became a distributor). Einkorn is one of the few non-genetically modified wheat products out there, with only 14 chromosomes compared to the 42 found in most Frankenwheat, making it MUCH easier to digest especially for people like me who are gluten sensitive (I do NOT have celiac, but the blood work did show a marked sensitivity to gluten).

It also has a lower molecular weight compared to processed flour which makes it easier to digest as well and it's more nutritious than most store flours.

This recipe is on the bag of flour, I only modified it slightly by omitting the egg to make it vegan and adding extra applesauce in its place. I also used slightly less sugar. They turned out very tasty and incredibly moist.  My husband, not a fan of most "whole grain" items, promptly ate 2 of them and has been spotted stalking the kitchen looking at where I put them away.

Einkorn/Oatmeal Muffins

In a bowl combine until mixed thoroughly:
1 cup well-ripened bananas, mashed, this was 2 small to medium bananas for me
1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup Einkorn flour
1 cup oatmeal (I use Bob's Red Mill)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 and 1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
dash of Cardamom (optional)

Bake in preheated 350 F. oven for 15-18 minutes. Cool on wire rack and remove from pan before completely cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Having been fortunate enough not to have to diet as a young woman - hitting middle age to find my Metabolism moved to Aruba and didn't even send a postcard was a rude awakening. Thanks for sharing the fun and the pain of getting back in shape. Note: If you are a stranger and include a link in your comment - it will not be posted, to ensure no SPAM or viruses are shared. Any link I post is tested first.