Thursday, December 27, 2018

KETO Quiche

This crustless Quiche is so light and fluffy it's almost like a souffle.  If you don't do dairy - substitute vegan shredded cheese for the cheddar or simply add an extra cup of sauteed veggies.

Preheat oven to 350 F and spray a pie pan with non-stick spray.

In a bowl whisk:

6 large eggs
1/2 cup heavy cream (or 1/3 cup almond or soy milk mixed with 2 and 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil)
1/2 cup coconut or almond milk
2 Tablespoons finely ground almond flour or coconut flour
dash of black pepper
dash of crushed red pepper
pinch of nutmeg
shake of Mrs. Dash salt-free seasoning or your favorite salt blend
half of a small sweet onion sliced thin and sauteed until soft
1 cup of low carb veggies, nuked or sauteed until just starting to soften -I used broccoli, red pepper and a couple of baby carrots (not low carb but it was either the quiche or the trash for those two).
1 cup shredded cheese - 3/4 stirred into the quiche, the remaining sprinkled on top in the pan.

Cook in pie pan 40 minutes or until firm and lightly brown around the edge.  Excellent reheated as leftovers.

2 comments:

  1. Hari Om
    mmmmm... I do something not disimilar in my saute pan on the hob. Which, I guess, makes it frittata. I like the idea of mixing coconut milk and flour instead of the regular though... and now am thinking this is a way to use up my leftover brussels sprouts! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never made a quiche and I think I have eaten like 3 but that looks good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Having been fortunate enough not to have to diet as a young woman - hitting middle age to find my Metabolism moved to Aruba and didn't even send a postcard was a rude awakening. Thanks for sharing the fun and the pain of getting back in shape. Note: If you are a stranger and include a link in your comment - it will not be posted, to ensure no SPAM or viruses are shared. Any link I post is tested first.