Monday, August 14, 2017

There Truly IS an all day Lip Color - LipSense Review

Check the bottom of your purse or makeup bag.  We all have them.  You know, those many many tubes of lipsticks, lip stains, and waxy lip balms.  We buy the balms because the stains  and some of the lipsticks dry out our lips, then we end up with a film on our lips that makes what lipstick we DO apply (and reapply and reapply) look uneven.

I was about ready to just chuck it all and go barefaced (which is a shame as my natural lip color is so pale I look anemic) when I purchased, on a friend's recommendation, a great lip color from SeneGence International. They launched into fame in 1999 with the LipSense patented color technology and have expanded out to a full line of skin and cosmetic care.
Color pictured is Caramel Apple

I was skeptical about the "all day wear" especially as I'm usually chugging on a water throughout the entire day, and I do a lot of "mini meals".  At the end of the first day, I was really surprised. 

Here's before - no other makeup but LipSense (and the bathroom in question has flourescent light, hense the slight green tinge to my skin tone). It's a weekend day off, so no makeup, contact lenses, or fuss, just a quick trial of the Lip Sense.  Unfortunately, with the large camera I can't really do a proper selfie, but taking a picture of the mirror worked.

The colors come in matte, frost and shimmer shades and you can also get lip liner and a lip color remover (great for the end of the day or "oops - I colored outside the lines!")  The shimmer shades are great because even if some the gloss wears off you still have a nice natural sheen to your lips. The application requires three thin layers, so you can mix and match shades for a personal look. I love Pink Champagne and Aussie Rose mixed together.

click on photos to enlarge
After:

3 water bottles and one serving Kambucha tea
a bowl of South River Porridge (http://www.southrivermiso.com/store/pg/18-Porridge-Grain-Milk.html)
some grapes and  raw almonds
pasta tossed with veggies and a little olive oil
4 Keebler fudge striped cookies (if they are made by elves calories don't count).
Vegetarian Greek Salad (with garbanzo beans for protein)


And 8 hours, my lips were still a wonderful shade of pink). The gloss had worn off but the color stayed true.

Plus, the color didn't dry out my lips! It has Peony Root Extract - which is a natural calming flower herb, St. John's Wort Extract (antibacterial and skin healing) as well as Linden Flower Extract (a powerful antioxidant) to help keep your lips healthy

LipSense is designed to be waterproof, kiss proof, smear proof and it will not budge until you're ready to remove it. It's also Vegan, non-GMO and they do NOT test on animals.  It also doesn't dry out your lips, working to restore your moisture content (if you've been seriously overdoing the waxy chap stick kind of balms, it may take a couple of days for the product to fully moisturize your lips.)

The gloss that applies over the stain also contains vitamin E and Shea butter. The gloss comes in clear and you can also get some light shades based on having warm or cool skin tones (the lip colors are all set up by skin undertone to help you select a shade that will compliment your skin.)

I've already ordered more colors - and the giant collection of half used waxy lip products is in the trash!  I'm enjoying looking through the catalog - there are going to be some more SeneGence products finding their way into my makeup back for sure.

Thanks for my long time friend and SeneGence consultant Jalissa Witt Lowry for telling me about the products. Ordering from her was super easy, I just messaged her the products I wanted, she sends emailed electronic invoice that's secure for payment and the products showed up on my door a few days later.

https://www.facebook.com/jalissa.wittlowry

Or join the fun at her LipSense Facebook Group - The Boss of Gloss

https://www.facebook.com/groups/bossofgloss/

If you don't do Facebook, just drop her a line at: jalissabossofgloss at gmail dot com and she'll set you up.

1 comment:

  1. Love my LipSense. I just started using the mascara too. I'm a fan.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Having been fortunate enough not to have to diet as a young woman - hitting middle age to find my Metabolism moved to Aruba and didn't even send a postcard was a rude awakening. Thanks for sharing the fun and the pain of getting back in shape. Note: If you are a stranger and include a link in your comment - it will not be posted, to ensure no SPAM or viruses are shared. Any link I post is tested first.