Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Sick Bay Log - Day 4

My husband came home after an airline flight with the worst cold he's had in the ten years we've been best friends, now married.  Of course, I caught it from him.

He's in his early 30's, the son of German/Swedish farmers and very hardy. I, on the other hand, am a year shy of 60, and like my martinis, white wine, and chocolate too much to NOT catch a cold so lovingly offered.

It's just a head cold, no infection.  But I can tell you this, as this strain is running rampant around the country based on what I've heard from Secret Squirrel field headquarters.

It lasts about 5 days.  The first 36-48 hours you will not leave your bed, but to pee and suck down some soup and water.  Drink a ton of fluids, and take Vitamin C, Zinc, and make tea with honey for your throat (I like the Sleepytime tea that has the bear on the box that looks like he's stoned).  Have lots of Kleenex and lotion for your nose, you will be blowing it every five minutes - I am NOT kidding. Then sit back and snort the tea out of your nose as your read the hilarious posts of your dog blog bff


If you get really bored, get some green food coloring, and add to what your nose is expelling and offer to slime someone on Nickelodeon.

Cheers!

6 comments:

  1. Ahhhh! I hate getting sick! I currently have teeth problems (two visits to the dentist since we moved here, what in the actual eff u-c-k!
    Thanks for linking me, I lava you! Again, come back to Boston and let's hang out! I think we four would have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love that. I've been tending to elderly parent(s) in poor health the last 30 years; my last vacation other than travel a thousand miles for parental house/yard/cooking or trips for work was in the late 80's. Dad is almost 100 and still lives in his home but in those 30 years I've dealt with cancer three times (Dad, Mom, and Stepmom after Mom died, a stroke, and alzheimers and now cancer again and heart failure and he refuses to live with me. One of these days I'll actually get to go out and be social but I am so lucky to have him this long - he's a sweetie.

      Delete
  2. My sister is currently fighting something very similar (while also having pink eye thanks to her kids). Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to put on the legal beagle hat today and work and feel miserable now, but I can work from home tomorrow or take a sick day. We'll see how I feel in the morning.

      Delete
  3. Ugh! How miserable! We hope you get better quickly!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband hardly ever gets sick, so when he was really down with this strain I knew I was doomed. I can actually occasionally breath out of my nose today, and appetite coming back (but watch - eating almost nothing but juice and soup this week I'll get on the scale Saturday and will have GAINED weight).

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. Having been fortunate enough not to have to diet as a young woman - hitting middle age to find my Metabolism moved to Aruba and didn't even send a postcard was a rude awakening. Thanks for sharing the fun and the pain of getting back in shape. Note: If you are a stranger and include a link in your comment - it will not be posted, to ensure no SPAM or viruses are shared. Any link I post is tested first.