Friday, November 25, 2016

Easy Eggs in a Microwave

Having low blood sugar I try and avoid the high carb breakfast. My younger pilot days of two Pop Tarts and a pint of coffee are over. (For what it's worth, I didn't have blood sugar issues until menopause).

My husband and I do eggs 2-3 days a week, with a slice of whole grain, or sprouted grain Ezekeil toast. But on work days, I don't want to take the time.

I'd heard of doing a scrambled egg in the microwave and finally tried it. Holy cow - what a simple way to prepare eggs and I don't have to soak, then scrape clean, a pan from the stove (scrambled eggs seem to stick to my cookware like glue). Directions are for a 700-watt microwave - different wattage may mean you need to adjust your cooking time.

2 eggs whisked with:
a splash of milk 
a dash of Braggs herb seasoning mix
in a cereal bowl.

Nuke 1 minute
stir
Nuke 1 minute
stir
add precooked additives (in this case some chopped Morningstar Farm Veggie Based "Sausage")
Nuke30-40 seconds.

Perfectly cooked fluffy egg already in its serving bowl!

But in this case, I put it in a single gluten-free tortilla I had left from enchiladas with friends with a sprinkle of cheese and some Scoville Brothers Cowboy Crooner hot sauce (my favorite of all time) and it was breakfast burrito time!

1 comment:

  1. Once we get a new microwave (ours died in October at Thanksgiving) I am going to give this a try. I eat a lot of hard boiled eggs in a week as I am no cook. This would be a nice change!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Having been fortunate enough not to have to diet as a young woman - hitting middle age to find my Metabolism moved to Aruba and didn't even send a postcard was a rude awakening. Thanks for sharing the fun and the pain of getting back in shape. Note: If you are a stranger and include a link in your comment - it will not be posted, to ensure no SPAM or viruses are shared. Any link I post is tested first.